Slow Cooker Carne Asada
The slow cooker version of the classic Latin recipe. Adapted from Gourmet Slow Cooker via My Southwest Kitchen
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 1 (2.5-3) pound flank steak, I recommend Certified Angus Beef ® Brand
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Flour or corn tortillas
- Garnishes: Cilantro, lime wedges, sliced radishes, avocado chunks
- Place flank steak into the slow cooker.
- Whisk together the olive oil, orange juice, garlic, lime juice, honey, cilantro, salt, chili powder, and cumin. Pour marinade over the meat.
- Cover and set the slow cooker to low. Cook for 8 hours.
- Remove the meat from the slow cooker and shred. Place the meat back in the slow cooker and coat with the juices.
- Serve on tortillas and garnish with lime wedges, sliced radishes, and avocado chunks.