Shredded Chicken Lettuce Wraps
A twist on P.F. Chang’s Lettuce Wraps using shredded chicken. Perfect for a light dinner or an appetizer.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer, Entree
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Asian, American
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon. minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce (if using regular soy sauce, start with a teaspoon or it may make the chicken too salty, then adjust to taste)
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1–2 teaspoons sriracha (adjust to your taste)
- 1 pound chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Salt to taste
- 2–3 green onions sliced
- Bibb, butter or iceberg lettuce, rinsed and dried
- Cilantro, optional to garnish
- Heat the oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and bell pepper and cook till soft. Add the garlic and ginger and saute for a minute or so till fragrant.
- Add the soy sauce, oyster sauce, vinegar, and sriracha, then the cooked chicken. Mix to coat all of the chicken.
- Cook until the chicken is hot, then stir in the sesame oil.
- Stir in the green onions, check for seasoning and add salt to taste.
- Arrange leaves of lettuce on a platter and fill with chicken. Garnish with cilantro leaves or chopped cilantro, if desired.