Sesame Ginger Meatballs
These flavorful Sesame Ginger Meatballs are made with chicken and served with Sriracha for a spicy kick. If you’re like my book club, you won’t stop at just one of these irresistible Asian Meatballs!!!
Sesame Ginger Meatballs
I have a soft spot when it comes meatballs recipes—whether glazed with jelly and chili sauce or served with spaghetti and a tomato sauce, I am a huge fan. Two years ago, I prepared these Buffalo Chicken Meatballs with Blue Cheese Sauce when I hosted book club. More finger foods can be found on this book club menu.
When I spotted a recipe for Asian meatballs on the Food & Wine website, I knew I would serve them when I hosted again in March. I love any excuse to make meatballs!
With a generous amount of grated fresh ginger, garlic, sesame oil, and soy sauce, these sesame ginger meatballs were perfectly seasoned. For those who needed an extra kick, I had a bowl of Sriracha, or an Asian chile sauce for dipping.
Easy, Healthy and Impressive Asian Meatballs
All this meatballs recipe entailed was a bit of chopping, grating, stirring, rolling and baking. Next time I may even saute these sesame ginger meatballs for a bit more color, but nobody seemed to care and baking used minimal oil.
I used ground dark meat chicken for a bit more flavor and with just a brushing of oil before baking. These Asian meatballs make for a relatively healthy appetizer. And a darn delicious one, too.
More Meatballs Recipes You’ll Love:
- Pepperoni Meatballs from The Food Charlatan
- Cranberry BBQ Cocktail Meatballs from Wishes and Dishes
- Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
- Easy Italian Meatball Subs
- Cranberry Baked Meatballs
- More Best Appetizer Recipes
Here is a list of my book club’s selections over the past two decades. I hope you find some new reading material! I’d love to hear what you’ve been reading lately or a book you really love.
- Vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground dark meat chicken
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup minced scallions ( plus extra sliced scallions to garnish, if desired)
- 2 tablespoons peeled, grated fresh ginger
- 1 egg
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Sriracha sauce, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450° coat a rimmed baking sheet with a light coating of vegetable oil.
- Mix together the rest of the ingredients except the Sriracha sauce.
- Form 1 1/2 -inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the meatballs with oil and bake for about 14 minutes, until browned and cooked through.
- Garnish with scallions if desired. Serve with Sriracha.
Adapted from Food & Wine
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 128mgSodium: 419mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 20g
Thatskinnychickcanbake.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although thatskinnychickcanbake.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased can change the nutritional information in any given recipe. Also, many recipes on thatskinnychickcanbake.com recommend toppings, which may or may not be listed as optional and nutritional information for these added toppings is not listed. Other factors may change the nutritional information such as when the salt amount is listed “to taste,” it is not calculated into the recipe as the amount will vary. Also, different online calculators can provide different results. To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in any given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information obtained is accurate.