Salmon Salad Niçoise
A twist on the Classic Salad Nicoise using salmon instead of tuna
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Salad, Entree
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: French
- 2 six-ounce salmon filets
- olive oil
- seasoning salt
- black pepper
- 2–4 cups of greens (I used arugula)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup haricots vert (thin green beans), blanched
- 1/4 cup black olives
- 4 new potatoes, cooked and cooled, cut in half
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 hard boiled eggs, cut in half
- 2 spears hearts of palm, sliced
Dressing (you may want to double if you like more dressing on your salad)
- 1/8 cup champagne vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Brush salmon with olive oil and season well with seasoning salt and pepper. Grill or broil, 10-15 minutes or till done to your taste. Let come to room temperature or chill.
- To prepare salad, place bed of greens on serving platter. Arrange all the rest of the salad ingredients in sections around perimeter of plate, leaving center open for the salmon.
- You may cover and chill at this point.
- Make dressing by whisking together vinegar, mustard, anchovy paste and pepper. Drizzle in olive oil, whisking constantly till dressing emulsifies.
- Before serving, drizzle salad with dressing.