Rum Spiked Chocolate Chip Cookies
These rum spiked chocolate chip cookies will please both your palate and your waistline. Adapted from Cooking Light.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Yield: 30 cookies 1x
- Category: dessert, cookies
- Method: Mixing, Baking
- Cuisine: American
- ½ cup of butter, at room temperature
- 1¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of rum
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until fluffy. Add the egg whites. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the vanilla extract and the rum.
- Mix in flour, baking soda and salt just till combined. Do not over mix. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a scoop or tablespoon, add the dough in rounded tablespoons to a cookie sheet lined with parchment.
- Bake for about 10 – 12 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let rest 2 – 3 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack and cool thoroughly.