Rosemary Prosciutto Shrimp
Delectable shrimp flavored with Sambuca, rosemary and wrapped in Prosciutto
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 3 mins
- Total Time: 23 mins
- Yield: 2 dozen shrimp 1x
- Category: Entree, Seafood
- Method: Broiling
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup sambuca liqueur
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh rosemary
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 very thin slices of prosciutto
- Soak wooden skewers in water for about a half hour before assembling.
- Arrange the shrimp in an even layer in a large glass dish. Whisk together the sambuca, olive oil, and 2 tablespoons of the rosemary, plus some salt and pepper. Pour over the shrimp. Toss the shrimp in the marinade to coat well. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate for 15 minutes in the refrigerator, turning halfway through.Gently sprinkle the shrimp with the remaining rosemary.
- Cut each prosciutto slice lengthwise into thirds. Wrap 1 slice of prosciutto around the middle of each shrimp. Thread 1-3 wrapped shrimp onto each wooden skewer through the head and tail.Cover broiler pan with foil for easy clean up. Turn broiler on high and broil about 6 inches away from element for 1 ½ minutes. Flip shrimp and broil an additional 1 ½ minutes or till shrimp is opaque and cooked through and prosciutto is crispy.Serve warm.