Topping a peanut butter cookie with a caramel filled chocolate candy gave these Rolo Peanut Blossoms a spectacular caramel advantage over their ordinary counterparts!
This twist on Peanut Blossom Cookies is so irresistible, you may never go back to the traditional version again!
Rolo Peanut Blossoms
I bake the more typical peanut blossoms every Christmas using a chocolate star instead of a Hershey’s Kiss, so I began pondering the alternatives. Since the candy is pressed into the cookie right out of the oven, and never actually baked, there were so many options. But caramel seems to win out when I’m in charge.
Peanut Butter Blossom Cookie for Caramel Lovers
If this is a new combination to you, let me tell you, it works! Warm from the oven you get some ooey gooey chocolate and caramel, but they’re just as scrumptious as they come to room temperature. These gems are perfect for caramel lovers!
While these peanut blossoms were a hit with my two chocolate-peanut butter fans, the hubby reminded me for the umpteenth time that he doesn’t do peanut butter desserts. Oh, well. More peanut butter blossom cookies for me!
Tips for Making Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- Lining your baking sheets with parchment makes for easy clean up and eliminates any greasing of your pans.
- To make evenly sized cookies, use a cookie scoop.
- PRO-Tip: Roll the dough balls between your palms to make them nice and round. This will make the baked cookies more symmetrical.
- Whether you use Rolos, Kisses or Chocolate Stars, press the candies into the middle of the cookies as soon as they come out of the oven. Work quickly as the candy will start melting if you hold onto it too long, and the candy will adhere best while the cookies are hot.
- Let cool completely if you’re packaging as gifts as you want the chocolate to solidify.
- Storing these peanut blossom cookies in the refrigerator can cause the chocolate to bloom or get a gray cast. This doesn’t impact the quality, just the appearance.
You Might Also Like:
More Peanut Butter Cookie Recipes:
Peanut Butter Cut-Out Cookies from Tastes of Lizzy T
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies from Bake or Break
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies from The Cooking Actress
Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprints from Crumb: A Food Blog
Rolo Peanut Blossoms from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Peanut Butter and Syrup Cookies from Kelli’s Kitchen
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches from Jen’s Favorite Cookies
Peanut Butter Compost Cookies from Gotta Get Baked
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookie Cups from 365 Days of Baking and More
Peanut Butter Cup Sandwiches from Posed Perfection
From the Blog:
Star of Bethlehem Cookies
Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies
Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars
Stuffed Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
Classic Peanut Butter Cookies
More Cookie Recipes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 48 Rolo candies, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat together ½ cup sugar, brown sugar, softened butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla, and salt and beat until well mixed. Add flour and baking soda and mix till combined, scraping bowl as needed.
- Place the ¼ cup sugar in a shallow bowl. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes till lightly browned. Immediately press one Rolo in the center of each cookie. Remove to cooling racks.