Rolo Peanut Blossoms #CookieoftheMonth
Peanut blossom cookies topped with Rolos. Basic recipe adapted from Land O Lakes.
- Yield: 48 cookies 1x
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 48 Rolo candies, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat together ½ cup sugar, brown sugar, softened butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla, and salt and beat until well mixed. Add flour and baking soda and mix till combined, scraping bowl as needed.
- Place the ¼ cup sugar in a shallow bowl. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes till lightly browned. Immediately press one Rolo in the center of each cookie. Remove to cooling racks.