When you take ordinary cheesecake bars, add mini Rolos to the filling and top with chocolate ganache, you get these outrageously delicious Rolo Cheesecake Bars!
If you’re not sure what “Rolos” are, they are soft caramel candies encased in chocolate. The mini versions are the perfect size for these luscious cheesecake bars.
Rolo Cheesecake Bars
I never eat candy, but when I see it incorporated into baked goods, I’m instantly captivated. Heath Bars, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and Rolos top my list of favorites. When I spotted my friend Danielle’s amazing Rolo Cheesecake Bars, I copied the recipe immediately.
In her rendition, she goes the extra mile with a chocolate drizzle and Rolo topper, but I was making these for newly graduated high schoolers, so no need to get fancy. Yes, these were everything you’d expect them to be. Decadent, addicting, just insanely delicious. Give them a try.
Tips for Making Cheesecake Bars
- I have made these in a 9 x 13-inch pan and also a half batch (as the kids moved out!) in an 8 x 8-inch pan. It’s very easy to split this recipe with an even number of eggs and bricks of cream cheese.
- Have your eggs an cream cheese at room temperature and if using a hand mixer, do not over mix, or if using a stand mixer, use the paddle attachment.
- You can mix your mini Rolos into the cheesecake batter willy nilly, or line them up on the crust before adding the cheesecake batter. The latter gives a checkerboard appearance, but both options work fine.
- If you cannot find mini Rolos, just purchase regular Rolos and cut them in half.
- Note that the corn syrup adds a lovely smoothness and sheen to the glaze. I know it’s often a taboo ingredient because of the high fructose corn syrup, but I just checked my bottle of Karo syrup and it now contains 0 grams of high fructose corn syrup according to the packaging!
Rolo Cheesecake Bars…recipe courtesy of Danielle of Hugs and Cookies XOXO
3 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup sugar
2 sticks (16 tablespoons) butter, melted
2 8-ounce packages of cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 8 ounce package Mini Rolos (already unwrapped)
1 stick of butter
1 cup chocolate chips
4 teaspoons light corn syrup
Preheat oven to 350º.
Stir together crust ingredients and press into a 9 x 13 pan lined with non-stick foil or regular foil sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake for 7-10 minutes. Cool.
Beat cream cheese and sugar till smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, and mix till incorporated. Mix in flour.
Stir in Rolos or place them in rows by hand. Spread batter over cooled crust and bake 30-35 minutes. Cool.
When cool, make glaze. Melt butter and chocolate chips in the microwave. Stopping and stirring at 30 second increments till melted and smooth. Stir in corn syrup. Pour evenly over bars and chill overnight.
Cut with large sharp knife