Red Velvet Brownies with White Chocolate Icing
Irresistible red velvet brownies smothered in a thick layer of white chocolate icing
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 16 brownies 1x
- Category: Dessert, Brownies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 stick (1/2cup) butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
- 1 stick ( 1/2 cup) butter, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 1/2 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line 8 x 8 pan with nonstick foil or regular foil. Grease regular foil with cooking spray if using.
- In a small bowl, mix cocoa powder, food coloring and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla to form a paste. Set aside.
- With a mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, then add the second teaspoon of vanilla. Then beat in cocoa paste. Add flour and salt, and mix just until combined.
- Spread in pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool before frosting.
- Cream butter with mixer till fluffy. Add vanilla. Slowly mix in powdered sugar, then white chocolate. Add enough milk to reach desired consistency. Ice cooled brownies.