Raspberry Filled White Chocolate Bars
White chocolate bars with a raspberry jam filling and sliced almond garnish!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 16 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert, Bar Cookies
- Method: Melting, Mixing, Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup butter
- 12 ounces white chocolate, chopped (about 2 cups total), divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup raspberry jam (I used a combination of red and black raspberry jams)
- Preheat oven to 325º. Line an 8 x 8 inch pan with non-stick foil or grease and flour pan.
- Toast the almonds by cooking over low heat in a saucepan, stirring frequently, till lightly colored and fragrant. Set aside.
- Melt butter with 1 cup of the white chocolate chunks in microwave. Start, stop and stir every 30 seconds till smooth and melted. Set aside.
- Beat eggs till light and foamy. Add sugar and continue to beat till lemon colored. Stir in white chocolate mixture. Add flour, salt and almond extract and mix just till combined. Spread half of dough into prepared pan and bake 15-20 minutes till light brown.
- Add remaining chocolate chunks to remaining batter.
- Carefully spread jam over warm crust (gently warm jam if it isn’t a spreadable consistency). Spoon remaining batter over jam. Some jam may show through batter. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake for 30-40 more minutes or till toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely. Cut into bars.
Recipe from my friend, Sally, via Nestlé