This Quintuple Chocolate Brownies recipe will make your mouth water! The delicious combination of brownies and strawberries will make it hard to say no!
Quintuple Chocolate Brownies
I’m back! After taking a couple months off for the holidays, I’m here for my one final Secret Recipe Club post. I started with this group the month after its inception, but I’ve made the difficult decision to cut way back on my group involvement.
These Quintuple Chocolate Brownies were the perfect way to salute this fine group of bloggers…especially my buddies in group C. I was thrilled to be assigned to Tea and Scones, the blog of my friend, Margaret. She blogs along with me with both the French Fridays with Dorie and Tuesdays with Dorie groups…so I knew her blog was chock full of winning recipes.
How to Make Quintuple Chocolate Brownies
Take note, these brownies have FIVE different kinds of chocolate ingredients: cocoa powder, unsweetened chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, milk chocolate and white chocolate. Are you sold yet? Leave it to Dorie. These decadent brownies were actually one of the first Tuesdays with Dorie posts when the original group was making recipes from her Baking: From My Home to Yours cookbook. I did not join this group till they finished this cookbook and started up with Baking with Julia. Looks like I missed some mouthwatering recipes.
Of course, the chocoholic family loved these quintuple chocolate brownies. I would, however, like a less drippy icing. As amazing as it tasted (who doesn’t like white chocolate ganache????), it was difficult to slice, not to mention stack, these babies. I did have to chill well before cutting and store in the fridge…but I prefer my fudgy brownies at room temperature. I’d suggest cutting back on the cream or upping the white chocolate in the topping. Thanks so much, Margaret, for sharing your lovely blog with me this month.
You may need these supplies to make the Quintuple Chocolate Brownies recipe:
For the Brownies:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 Tablespoons butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons strong coffee
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 ounces milk chocolate, chopped into chips
For the Glaze:
- 6 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 325º. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with non-stick foil (or use regular foil and spray with non-stick baking spray.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, and salt.
To Make the Brownies:
- In a microwave safe bowl, add butter, the two chocolates and the coffee. Microwave for a minute, then stir. Zap a couple more times for short bursts if there are any large unmelted pieces, stirring before restarting. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, mix the sugar into the chocolate mixture. Next, stir in the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla. Gently stir in the dry ingredients, mixing just until they are incorporated. Finally, stir in the milk chocolate chips.. Scrape the batter into the pan and level the top with an offset spatula.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, or until there are just a few moist crumbs on a toothpick inserted into the brownies. Transfer the pan to a cooling rack and let the brownies cool for at least 30 minutes. You can then remove the brownies from the pan and remove the foil. Place on a rack over a
Make the Glaze:
- Put the white chocolate and cream in a microwave safe bowl, and zap/stir at 30 second increments till smooth.
- Hold a long metal icing spatula in one hand and the bowl of glaze in the other. Pour the glaze onto the center of the brownies and use the spatula to spread glaze to the edges. Refrigerate the brownies for about 20 minutes to set the glaze.
Recipe from: Baking: From My Home to Yours
Total time does not include cooling time.
Serving Size:1 brownie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 333Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 156mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 27gProtein: 5g