Mediterranean Quinoa Salad with Olives, Basil and Sun-dried Tomatoes
A Quinoa Salad with a Mediterranean twist!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Salad, Vegetarian
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- 1–1 1/2 cups quinoa (use a certified gluten-free brand)
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken stock, optional, to cook quinoa
- 1/3 cup (packed) chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup artichoke heart quarters (marinated)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- Cook quinoa in a pot of boiling salted water (or chicken stock) as directed on package (mine suggested twice as much liquid as quinoa). Drain well. Place in large bowl. Add sun-dried tomatoes, oil, vinegar, and olives and toss to blend. Let stand until cool.
- Mix pine nuts, chopped basil, Parmesan, and garlic into orzo mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.