Quinoa Tabbouleh Recipe
An updated, classic Middle Eastern salad made with the super food, quinoa
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Salad, Side Dish
- Method: Boiling, Mixing
- Cuisine: American, Middle Eastern
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth (may substitute vegetable broth or salted water)
- 3–4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large English cucumber, cut into 1/4” pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 2/3 cup chopped flat leaf (Italian) parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Bring quinoa and chicken broth to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, whisk lemon juice and garlic in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil. Season dressing to taste with ½ teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Place cooled quinoa in a large bowl and toss with ¼ cup dressing.
- Add cucumber, tomatoes, herbs, and scallions to bowl with quinoa and stir to combine. Drizzle with the remaining dressing. Check for seasoning. Add pepper and more salt if needed. Chill before serving.