Pumpkin French Toast
A marvelous French Toast recipe with all the wonderful flavors of a pumpkin pie!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 4 mins
- Total Time: 24 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- 4 slices of challah bread, sliced about 1/2-inch thick
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup half and half (milk may be substituted)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of allspice
- A grate or two of fresh nutmeg or pinch of ground nutmeg
- Butter, to saute French toast
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cream
- Whisk together egg, half and half, sugar, pumpkin, vanilla and spices in a shallow dish.
- Heat butter in saute pan.
- Dip bread in pumpkin mixture, then flip and dip other side.
- Add to saute pan and cook until lightly browned, flip and repeat on other side.
- Make mascarpone cream by beating all ingredients together until firm peaks form.
- To serve, top with maple syrup and a dollop of mascarpone whipped cream.
This recipe easily doubles or triples!
- Calories: 307kcal
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 188mg
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 117mg