Pumpkin Bread with Apples
Pumpkin bread with sweet apples for a twist on the classic. Adapted from Celebrate the Rain.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 loaves 1x
- Category: Bread, Quick Bread
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 can (15-ounce) pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- A large Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and diced
Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
- 1 tablespoons flour
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs and vegetable oil large bowl and whisk or beat till just blended.
- Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Fold in apples.
- Spoon batter equally into prepared loaf pans.
- Mix streusel topping in a separate bowl with a fork and sprinkle evenly over each loaf.
- Bake for one hour minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Freezes well. Wrap in plastic wrap, then foil.