Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
Cake-like pumpkin bars topped with a decadent cream cheese frosting!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 24 bars 1x
- Category: Dessert, Bar Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), at room temperature
- 2 cups canned pumpkin (one 15 ounce can)
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar, sifted to remove lumps
- Candy pumpkins, optional, to garnish*
- Preheat oven to 350º. Lightly grease a 15 x 10 inch (jelly roll) pan.
- Stir flour, baking soda, spices and salt together and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add pumpkin and eggs; beat till smooth. Add dry ingredients and mix till well combined. Spread mixture evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or till cake springs back when lightly touched in the middle or toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
- Cool completely and frost. Garnish with candy pumpkins if desired.
- To make icing: beat all ingredients together till smooth.
These freeze beautifully.
You can make a half batch in an 8 x 8-inch pan, but start checking for doneness at the 20-minute mark.