Sweet Potato Casserole with Praline Topping
A terrific sweet potato recipe that will convert even your biggest naysayer!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Thanksgiving, Side dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 3 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes (about 3 large)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Butter 2 quart baking dish. Set aside.
- Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, vanilla and milk and mix well. Pour into baking dish and smooth top.
- Mix the flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
Adapted from Winners cookbook