Easy Pork Scaloppine with Mushrooms
This Easy Pork Scaloppine is a speedy weeknight dinner that’s absolutely delicious over buttered egg noodles! A family-friendly recipe!
Easy Pork Scaloppine
My family loves pork. When my youngest, Nick, was little, pork chops were almost always requested for his birthday dinner. In about first grade, he drew a ham on his favorite things collage for Thanksgiving. Yup, he is his father’s son, a junior carnivore. One of my longtime foodie friends and former caterer, Kaye, directed me to this Martha Stewart recipe for easy pork scaloppine years ago. Quick and delicious, it makes our meal rotation a couple of times a year.
How to Make Pork Scaloppine
Medallions of pork tenderloin are sautéd in butter, then combined with mushrooms and celery in a simple cream sauce. Served over buttery noodles, dinner is ready in a flash. Summer through winter, we utilize our charcoal grill for as many Sunday night meals as possible. But this winter brought us more inclement weather than usual. A couple of Sundays ago, Bill and our oldest, Tom, were returning from a visit to my in-laws and I had defrosted some pork tenderloin to grill.
The weather just didn’t cooperate so I made a quick run to the market for mushrooms and dinner plans were made. Easy pork scaloppine was our new entree.
You loyal readers know the picky palate and fungus phobia of the hubby, so I had a small helping of the pork heaped with almost every single mushroom. No complaints from either of us. And Tom will basically eat anything that’s free and he doesn’t have to cook himself. Whew.
Easy Pork Scaloppine
An easy pork recipe that's ready in 30 minutes!
- Adapted from Martha Stewart
- 2 pork tenderloins (trimmed and cut into 3/4-1 inch slices)
- 4 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 stalks celery (cut into 1/8 inch slices)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Parsley (chopped, for optional garnish)
- Egg noodles (for serving)
- Pound meat slices to 1/3 inch thickness with a meat mallet (place in a ziplock bag or cover with plastic wrap to avoid splatters. Season both sides of meat with salt and pepper.)
- In a large skillet, melt one tablespoon of butter. Saute about half the meat, till browned on each side. Remove to plate while you cook the other half, using another tablespoon of butter. Remove remaining pork to plate.
- Add 2 more tablespoons of butter to the pan and add mushrooms and celery. Season with salt and pepper and saute till mushrooms are lightly browned. Add chicken broth and cook till the liquid reduces about 5 minutes. Add cream and heat till warm. Add parsley if using and adjust seasonings if necessary. Return meat to pan and gently toss to coat pork with cream sauce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 345mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 10g
46 Comments on “Easy Pork Scaloppine with Mushrooms”
Looks good. Except for the celery. 😛
I make veal scaloppine, but have never tried it with pork. A must try!
This pork dish looks really tasty! I’ve made a chicken version but never pork. I’ll have to try it soon!
“just pushed to the side of the plate” – that made me laugh 🙂 I love a good bit of braised fungus myself, but for pork that appetizing I might save room by picking the shrooms off myself 😉
Keep delivering mushrooms all cream-cooked and they’ll stop pushing it to the side of the plate. My daughter, a confirmed mushroom-hater, changed her tune in high school. This is a delightful dish – I’ve never done it with pork and now I will.
Pork anything is my favorite…and mushrooms too.
What a great meal! I love pork too. This looks like a winning dish my hubby would love.
Beautiful meal…my family does enjoy pork on occasion and this would be a lovely excuse 🙂
Pork and mushrooms…I just finished dinner, but my stomach to craving some of this dish. Yum!
I diffinitely see this in our future, delish !
Yum! I love pork and this looks delicious! I’ll be making this one soon. Thanks.
Funny I just made a pork tenderloin last night for dinner! This would be a huge hit in my house, yummmm
I love chicken scaloppine, so your pork version looks really delicious and I need more pork recipes in my repertoire!
I love any sauce with mushrooms, looks great!Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters
It’s just not fair that your savory dishes look just as wonderful as the sweet ones–you can do it all! This would make a delicious, easy supper.
Definitely a must try! My daughters will surely get head over heels in love with this delicious pork dish, Lizzy!
The pork tenderloin cut is a favorite of mine too and so versatile. Must be delish with mushrooms!
We are pork lovers too! Bookmarked! 🙂
I’m really hungry NOW!!! have a nice day, hugs Flavia
Another amazing dish! I love Martha Stewart. All of her stuff I’ve made hasn’t dissappointed! 🙂