Fresh Peach Pie Bars
All the flavors of a peach pie in these easy to make, streusel topped bar cookies!
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 42 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 12 minutes
- Yield: 16 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert, Bar Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Dash of salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, cold and cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup peach preserves (I used Bonne Maman)
- 2 cups fresh peach slices (2–3 peaches)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter, cold and cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar, to sprinkle over peaches
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Make the crust by combining ¾ cup flour, powdered sugar, salt, and 6 tablespoons of butter. Cut butter into dry ingredients till the butter is the size of small peas (may use a pastry blender or even a food processor). Sprinkle the mixture into the bottom of an 8 x 8-inch pan. Press into an even layer over the bottom of pan using your hands. Bake 10-12 minutes or till just starting to brown.
- When the crust is baked, spread preserves over the top. Set aside.
- Gently mix the peach slices with lemon juice. Toss the peaches with the four, cornstarch and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Make the streusel topping by mixing the remainder of the butter, flour and brown sugar using a pastry blender or food processor just till combined and crumbly.
- Arrange the peach slices, overlapping slightly if needed, in a single layer across the jam. Sprinkle with the 1 tablespoon of sugar. Sprinkle evenly with the streusel topping.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or the filling is bubbling and the topping is golden brown. Cool completely before cutting.
- This recipe can easily be doubled and baked in a 9 x 13-inch pan. Baking times remain the same.