With fragrant, Georgia peaches piled high in my fruit bowl, it’s no surprise this fabulous recipe for Fresh Peach Ice Cream beckoned me. Chopped and macerated peaches were mixed into a vanilla custard then frozen into creamy deliciousness.
This Easy Homemade Peach Ice Cream is the epitome of summer desserts! Seasonal peaches frozen with a luscious, creamy custard is a most delicious way to keep cool on a hot, humid day.
Fresh Peach Ice Cream
The Blogger Clue team was on the hunt for recipes to beat the heat. Each of us was assigned another blog, and I was the lucky recipient of Cooking on the Ranch. Lea Ann hails from just south of Denver at the foot of the Rocky Mountains and lives on what was formerly a working cattle ranch. She adores food and wine and takes awesome photos and cooks up some marvelous recipes. I had an inkling that I’d like to feature ice cream, and I zeroed in on both her fresh peach version and her balsamic roasted strawberry ice cream. Since I had an ample supply of Georgia peaches ripening on my counter, a fresh peach ice cream recipe seemed a must!
Tips for Making an Easy Homemade Peach Ice Cream
Cream, half and half, sugar and peaches—this fresh peach ice cream was destined to be sublime.
- No overnight chilling was needed, just mix and pour into the ice cream maker.
- It took a few hours in the freezer to become firmer than soft serve, but it was worth the wait. I was on cloud nine sampling what was left on my machine’s paddle.
- Note that there are no eggs in this ice cream recipe so no cooking needed either.
- As larger piece of fruit can get icy when frozen, I’d recommend a good mashing of the diced fruit.
- Nick and I doubled up our peach intake by having our scoops of fresh peach ice cream over Peach Crisp. Fruit is healthy, right???
More Peach Recipes You’ll Love
Stock up on peaches so you, too, can make this old fashioned homemade ice cream recipe and a few more of my favorites!
- Peach Sherbet from TidyMom
- Fresh Peach Clafoutis
- Brown Butter Peach Scones
- Southern Peach Bread
- Fresh Peach Margaritas
- Easy Peach Crumb Pie
- Peach Blueberry Galette
- More Dessert Recipes
Check out more delectable Ice cream on my Ice Creams and Gelatos Pinterest Board.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 5 fresh peaches, peeled, pits removed and finely chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- A rounded 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar till smooth.
- Place diced peaches in a medium bowl and mash a few times with a potato masher.
- Stir the peaches into the eggs, then mix in cream, half and half, vanilla and salt.
- Pour the mixture into the freezer container of ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer's instructions.
This recipe utilizes raw eggs. If serving to children, elderly or the immune-suppressed, please use pasteurized eggs to avoid salmonella.
Total time depends on how long it takes your ice cream maker to process the ice cream.
This recipe is half of Lea Ann's original recipe and I still could not fit it all into my ice cream maker. Store unused peach custard in the refrigerator and freeze within 24 hours.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 384Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 118mgSodium: 102mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 1gSugar: 45gProtein: 5g