Peach Blueberry Galette
A scrumptious dessert featuring peaches and blueberries and a buttery pastry crust!
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert, Tart
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 cups flour, plus more for rolling
- 1 tablespoon sugar, I used Dixie Crystals
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 11 tablespoons cold butter, cut into 1/2 tablespoon pieces, I used Land o’ Lakes
- 1 egg yolk (reserved white to glaze dough)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, I used Rainier Organic Blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar, I used Dixie Crystals
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar (coarse sugar preferred but granulated is fine)
- To make the dough, combine the flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor and pulse to combine. Add the butter to the flour and pulse till butter is broken into small pieces and mixture resembles cornmeal. Mix together the egg yolk and milk and add to dough. Pulse till the dough comes together. Pour out onto a piece of plastic wrap and press into a flat disk. Wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Carefully toss the peaches and blueberries with the sugar, flour, and salt.
- Roll out the dough to a 12-inch round on a lightly floured surface. Carefully move dough to the baking sheet. Arrange the fruit in the center of the dough, leaving about an inch of the perimeter uncovered. Fold the outside edge of the dough over the fruit, pleating as needed. Brush egg white over the exposed crust. Sprinkle the coarse sugar over the dough and fruit.
- Bake the galette until the crust turns a light brown and the filling bubbles, about 50 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes then cut and serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, if desired.