Paleo Roasted Salmon
This easy Paleo Roasted Salmon was glazed with ghee, lemon, maple syrup, and garlic for a quick, flavorful sheet pan entree. Declared “terrific” by my husband, this praise is typically reserved for chocolate desserts!
My friend, Shelby, just published a terrific cookbook full of delicious Paleo Recipes, including this Roasted Salmon. Scroll down for a chance to win your own copy of this wonderful cookbook!
Why You Must Make
- Paleo Salmon Recipes are a delicious way to eat healthy!
- With garlic and lemon, the ingredients are simple yet flavorful.
- Roasting on a sheet pan lined with foil makes it easy to cook and clean up!
We were smack in the middle of Lent when Shelby’s cookbook, The One-Pot Paleo Cookbook, arrived in the mail. I browsed through the table of contents and knew I had to try this oven-roasted salmon on Friday night. I had all the ingredients on hand except for the salmon. Thank goodness my chives were popping up in the garden!
How to Make
This is a super easy recipe that’s not short on flavor. There are a few simple steps to making this Paleo recipe.
- First, slice a lemon. These slices will be placed under the salmon fillet and will steam, enveloping the salmon with lemon as it cooks in the oven.
- Then there is the glaze mixture is whisked together in a bowl. 3/4 of it is poured over the salmon before it’s sealed in a foil packet and placed in the oven.
- After the salmon is nearly finished cooking, the top foil is removed and the remaining mixture is drizzled over the salmon as a glaze while the broiler puts a nice bronze finish on the seafood.
- Chopped chives are an optional garnish to give the fillets a spot of color and fresh, mild oniony flavor
- Parmesan Roasted Green Beans
- Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Cherries
- Crispy Smashed Potatoes
- Fanned Potatoes
Frequently Asked Questions
The Paleo Diet is based on the diet of our prehistoric ancestors. During the Paleolithic period, humans were hunters and gatherers so crops like grains and legumes were not part of their diets. Nor was dairy. There are a few exceptions allowed such as green beans and ghee.
Since these early humans lived off the land, their diet consisted of “animal protein, eggs, fruit, vegetables, nuts, and seeds.” So basically the Paleo diet is all about eating natural, whole, and organic foods and eliminating processed foods.
Definitely! Just eliminating sugar, butter, wheat, and processed foods from your diet will make your weight decline. Plus there are cardiac and digestive benefits along with decreased inflammation.
Ghee is a form of clarified butter. The butter is melted and the milk solids are removed. Though it wasn’t around during the Paleolithic time period, it has been approved for the Paleo diet. I substituted melted butter since I’m not following a Paleo diet. But here’s an excellent tutorial on How to Make Ghee.
You May Also Like:
- Smoked Salmon Appetizer Platter
- Smoked Salmon Dip with Capers
- Fresh Salmon Cakes
- Maple Mustard Glazed Salmon
- More Delicious Seafood Recipes
Lemon Garlic Sheet Pan Salmon
Oven Roasted Salmon with a lemon, maple, garlic glaze
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillet, skin left on
- 1/3 cup ghee (or melted butter if not on a Paleo diet)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives, optional
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Line sheet pan with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Place the lemon slices on the prepared sheet pan. Lay the salmon fillets, skin-side down, on the lemon slices.
- In a small bowl, whisk the melted ghee or butter, lemon juice, maple syrup, and garlic to combine. Spoon 3/4 of the mixture over the salmon and reserve the rest. Season the salmon with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Place another piece of foil over the salmon and seal the packet by folding the edges together.
- Bake for 18 minutes. Remove the top piece of foil over the salmon and drizzle the salmon with the remainder of the butter mixture.
- Turn the oven to broil.
- Place the salmon under the broiler and cook for 5 minutes or until golden. Serve garnished with chives.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 550Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 158mgSodium: 659mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 38g
15 Comments on “Paleo Roasted Salmon”
Liz, this looks SO good! Love the flavors and so healthy, to boot. I’m on a big salmon kick, so I’m adding this to my line-up. 🙂 ~Valentina
I like this! Interesting trick with the lemon slice. I’m not paleo or anything in particular, I just like good food, and I do like healthy food. And I LOVE salmon!
Salmon is one of those fish that everyone likes — even people who don’t like fish! Neat way to cook it. Yours looks beautiful — thanks.
The salmon came out beautifully! Cooking at home can be a struggle for me.
Looks like a very helpful cookbook. I want to cook better for myself & these recipes look great. Would love to win. Thanks for the chance.
I would like to learn to prepare new exciting recipes for myself and my family!
We’re trying to incorporate more fish into our diet. This recipe looks easy and wonderful!
I would love to win to make all those delicious recipes and to eat more healthy dishes I’m
tired of cooking the same old recipes fingers crossed ????????
If Bill has given this recipe two thumbs up, we know it has to be great! You salmon is perfectly cooked and that glaze sounds amazing. Take care
Liz this sounds so good and simple to prepare. I love just about anything with maple syrup. Wish I’d seen this sooner since I just made salmon last night. I’ll be sure to make this next time.
Hope you and your family are safe and doing well.
I love salmon and the way you prepared sounds delicious, a touch of maple syrup and lemon…great meal Liz.
Have a wonderful weekend and stay safe!
This is my favourite kind of meal!!! This looks SO good my mouth is watering. Fresh Salmon is the best. Hope you and yours are well and staying safe. Hugs …
We love salmon and this looks absolutely delicious Lizzy !!
Take care xo
looks delicious ! We are huge Salmon fans I never cooked Paleo before sounds interesting. I need to get out and some Salmon soon haven’t been out since February!
Yummy! Salmon is a definitely a favourite. Any other diet is better than SAD.