Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
The first time I made these double cookie gems, the final result resembled fried eggs! There were no complaints, and Tom even shared them on his facebook page, a pretty decent endorsement. There was a little trial and error in figuring out how much dough was needed, but I had it down after the first batch.
Using mini Oreos produced a more manageable cookie, and a medium cookie scoop provided the perfect amount of dough. If you’re a fan of both chocolate chip cookies and Oreos, you should give these a try!
You May Need:
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (reserve some to press into the dough before baking)
- 1 bag of Mini-Oreos (you will only use 1/3-1/2 the cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line baking sheets with parchment. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars till well combined. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Mix in flour, salt, and baking soda till just combined. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Using a medium-sized cookie disher, scoop out a mound of cookie dough ( about 1 1/2 tablespoons). Press a mini Oreo into the middle, then cup in your hand and work the excess dough over the top of the Oreo. Seal any seams.Place on baking sheet leaving 2 inches of space between cookies.
- Bake 10 minutes or until golden. Let cool for 5 minutes then transfer to cooling rack.
Inspired from Picky Palate.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 127Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 86mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g
Image of full-sized version, circa 2012. Photos, text and recipe updated in 2016.