Oatmeal Creme Pies
Chewy oatmeal cookies filled with a marshmallow cream frosting recreate a childhood favorite!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Total Time: 44 minutes
- Yield: 12 large cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter.at room temperature
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 7-ounce jar marshmallow creme
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Cream butter and sugars. Add molasses, eggs, and vanilla, and mix well.
- Add salt, soda, cinnamon and ginger, and mix well.
- Add oatmeal, and mix until combined. Add flour and mix until just incorporated.
- Using a cookie disher if available, drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 10-14 minutes.
- For filling, mix all ingredients in a bowl until smooth and fluffy.
- Frost flat side of half of the cooled cookies, and sandwich together with an unfrosted cookie.
Adapted from Jen’s Favorite Cookies