Oatmeal Craisin Cookies
Incredibly delicious chewy oat cookies chock full of dried cranberries
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 28 minutes
- Yield: 48 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 11 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 generous teaspoon vanilla paste (vanilla extract may be substituted)
- 2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup dried cranberries or Craisins
- Preheat oven to 325º. Line baking sheets with parchment and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Place butter in the bowl of a stand mixer, Using paddle attachment, beat till light and creamy.Add brown sugar and sugar and mix for 3-4 minutes.Scrape down sides of bowl, then add egg and vanilla and mix on low till just incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on low till just combined. Then mix in oats and cranberries.
- Using a small cookie disher, scoop out 2 teaspoons worth of dough. Roll into spheres if needed, then place on prepared baking sheets and flatten slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake about 8 minutes. Cool on baking sheet while the next batch bakes, then remove to cooling rack.
Adapted from Bouchon Bakery