Mustardy Haricots Verts
Green beans tossed with a mustardy vinaigrette for an easy side dish!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Vegetables, Side Dish
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- 1/3 cup sliced, pitted kalamata olives
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 ounces frozen haricots vert
- Place olives in a serving bowl. Whisk together shallots, vinegar, mustard, sugar and olive oil. Pour mixture into the bowl with the olives. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Set aside.
- Cook beans till tender-crisp, then drain and place in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
- When beans are cool, drain thoroughly and add to serving bowl. Toss and serve.
Recipe adapted from Southern Living.