Mocha Cheesecake with Chocolate Chips
A delectable mocha cheesecake with a chocolate cookie crust and a dreamy coffee flavored filling studded with mini chocolate chips.
- Prep Time: 40 mins
- Cook Time: 70 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
- Yield: 16 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert, Cheesecake
- Method: Mixing, Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1–1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan, wrap the exterior with heavy duty foil, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, sugar, and butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan.
- In a heat safe bowl, microwave the cream until hot. Add the coffee granules, mix to combine, and set aside until cool.
- In a mixer fit with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in coffee mixture and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in ¾ cup chocolate chips, then pour into the crust. Sprinkle with remaining chips.
- Add about 1 inch of very hot water to a roasting pan or similar sized baking dish. Set cheesecake into the water.
- Bake at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until center is just set. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen, then cool one hour or more then refrigerate overnight
- Before serving, garnish cake with whipped cream and chocolate-covered espresso beans, if desired.