Milky Way Cookies are out of this world with a buttery, dark brown sugar base and chunks of candy bars!! These cookies are the perfect companion to a cold glass of milk.
Milky Way Cookies
We have new neighbors who have only been in town for a few months. Last week they added a sweet baby boy to their young family. I’m exhausted just thinking about having a kindergartner, preschooler AND an infant in the house. I knew dinner would be appreciated. First, I narrowed down the entree, then focused on what I’d bring for dessert. Milky Way cookies sounded perfect.
Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies with Milky Way Candy Bars
I love taking a basic chocolate chip cookie dough and adding all sorts of delicious components: dried fruit, nuts, chocolate chips or chopped candy. Anything with caramel or toffee is always at the top of my list.
This time, I picked up a bag of mini Milky Ways. There will be some melting and leaking of caramel from the chopped candy as the cookies bake, but that adds to their charm. I just call those misshapen ones “rustic.” Katie LOVED these, saying they were even better than chocolate chip cookies.
PRO-Tip: If your cookies come out of the oven misshapen, you can use your spatula (coated with a bit of non-stick cooking spray if caramel is involved) to reshape. Make sure to do this while your cookies are still hot and pliable.
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 10.65 ounces Milky Way Candy Bars (fun-sized), cut into 5 slices, then freeze
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment.
- Cream butter and sugars till well blended. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Stir in baking soda, salt, and flour. Carefully break apart and add frozen Milky Way chunks, reserving some to press into cookies when they come out of the oven.
- Scoop out rounded tablespoonfuls of dough and place 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Bake about 10 minutes or till golden. Press one of the reserved pieces of Milky Way into the hot cookies. Cool on pan for 5 minutes, then remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
Serving Size:2 cookies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 299Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 249mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 3g