My friend, Ann, creator of the amazing blog Cooking Healthy for Me, was blessed with a surprise offer to travel to England this month. And I was honored when she asked me to guest post for her! Since her blog focuses on healthy cooking, I couldn’t share my typical fare. As my friends here all know, my blog has a shortage of healthy offerings. I love sharing decadent, gooey desserts…in fact,the gooier, the better! I actually eat healthy most of the time…but those dishes rarely need a recipe. So I had to rack my brain, and with the help of another friend, I found an incredible salad that you will love.
Stop by Ann’s blog to see my guest post.
Recipe courtesy of my friend, Ann Waddy
- 1 cup cooked cannellini beans (I used rinsed canned beans)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked farro (I cooked in chicken broth)
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces and blanched (I used one bunch)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, quartered
- 1 cup bocconcini (mini mozzarella balls), cut in half
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place beans, farro, asparagus, tomatoes, olives and bocconcini in large bowl.
- Make vinaigrette by combining basil, garlic, pine nuts and olive oil in a food processor. Pulse till coarsely puréed. Pour into bowl and whisk in vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Add vinaigrette to salad, reserving some to pass.
Yield: 6 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0 Total Fat: 0g