My friend, Ann, creator of the amazing blog Cooking Healthy for Me, was blessed with a surprise offer to travel to England this month. And I was honored when she asked me to guest post for her! Since her blog focuses on healthy cooking, I couldn’t share my typical fare. As my friends here all know, my blog has a shortage of healthy offerings. I love sharing decadent, gooey desserts…in fact,the gooier, the better! I actually eat healthy most of the time…but those dishes rarely need a recipe. So I had to rack my brain, and with the help of another friend, I found an incredible salad that you will love.
Stop by Ann’s blog to see my guest post.Print
Mediterranean Salad with Farro, Asparagus and Tomatoes
Recipe courtesy of my friend, Ann Waddy
- 1 cup cooked cannellini beans (I used rinsed canned beans)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked farro (I cooked in chicken broth)
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces and blanched (I used one bunch)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, quartered
- 1 cup bocconcini (mini mozzarella balls), cut in half
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place beans, farro, asparagus, tomatoes, olives and bocconcini in large bowl.
- Make vinaigrette by combining basil, garlic, pine nuts and olive oil in a food processor. Pulse till coarsely puréed. Pour into bowl and whisk in vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Add vinaigrette to salad, reserving some to pass.
Yield: 6 servings
PS….I’ve also received the Liebster award from Diane of The Hidden Pantry. Thanks so much for the honor. Make sure you check out her wonderful blog…I want to dive into the peach berry crisp she posted yesterday!