Mascarpone Filled Strawberries
Sweet ripe strawberries filled with mascarpone cream.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 16 berries 1x
- Category: appetizer, dessert
- 16 large strawberries (Driscoll’s are wonderful!)
- 1/2 cups Mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Prepare strawberries. To make the presentation in the top photo, trim off stem end, then place stem end down on a cutting board. Cut berry into quarters from top to almost the bottom of the berry, taking care not to cut all the way through. Place berries stem side down of serving platter.
- An alternative is to trim a bit off the non-stem end to allow for the berry to stand upright. Slice off stem end and remove the core. Place these on the platter with the stem side up.
- To make filling, beat Mascarpone with cream, sugar and vanilla till smooth. Put filling into a piping bag fit with a star tip or even a Zip-loc bag with just a corner cut off. Pipe the filling into the the middle of each berry. Garnish with a small sprig of mint if desired.
Recipe adapted from Driscoll’s.