Mascarpone Cheesecake with Balsamic Strawberries
A luscious, creamy cheesecake with an Italian flair! Adapted from Bon Appetit.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour 10 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert, Cheesecake
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American, Italian-American
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter, melted
- 2 pounds cream cheese (4 eight-ounce packages), at room temperature
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For balsamic strawberries:
- 3 cups sliced strawberries (stems and hulls removed before slicing)
- 1/4 cup good quality balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Wrap the exterior of a 9-inch-diameter springform pan with 2 layers of heavy-duty foil. Mix graham cracker crumbs and butter in bowl. Press mixture evenly onto bottom only of springform pan. Place in freezer while preparing cheesecake mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, mascarpone and 1¼ cups sugar in large bowl until smooth. Add eggs one at a time; beat just until blended. Spread cheesecake batter evenly over prepared crust.
- Place springform pan in large roasting pan. Pour enough hot water into roasting pan to come halfway up sides of springform pan. Bake until cheesecake is golden and center of cake moves just slightly when pan is shaken, about 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Transfer cake to rack; cool 1 hour. Then chill at least 8 hours.
- Mix strawberries, sugar and vinegar in large bowl. Let stand at room temperature until juices form, about 30 minutes.
- Serve slices of cheesecake with strawberries.
If you don’t have a stand mixer, this can be made using a hand mixer.