This easy, tasty Maple Mustard Glazed Chicken is perfect for a weeknight and can be made with boneless, skinless chicken or bone-in chicken breasts!
When time is tight and you need to get dinner on the table, this Easy Chicken Breast Recipe is packed with flavor! Maple, mustard, garlic, and thyme make a sauce that’s sweet and savory and will be loved by the whole family!
Maple Mustard Glazed Chicken
I made this The sweetness from the maple syrup combined with the acidity of cider vinegar make this an irresistible dish, and will stay on our meal rotation.
The original recipe calls for boneless/skinless chicken, but I have also used the more flavorful bone-in breasts. If you are watching calories, use boneless breasts. They will cook more quickly which is perfect for a weeknight meal.
Easy Chicken Breast Recipes
Having a stash of boneless/skinless chicken breasts in the freezer makes meal planning a breeze. There is no shortage of recipes utilizing this convenient cut of chicken. Our butcher shop sells them without the tender and tendon, making them quick to prep and cook. This Maple-Glazed Chicken is ready in just 45 minutes!
How to Make Maple-Glazed Chicken
Boneless chicken breast recipes go from the fridge to the table in no time at all. This chicken is simple to make and is packed full of flavor. Starting in the skillet and moving to the oven allows the cook some time to focus on the rest of the menu while the chicken bakes.
- First, make sure to remove the tendon from your chicken breast if they haven’t already been trimmed.
- Check your kitchen for real maple syrup (no artificial maple flavoring), stone ground mustard, fresh thyme, garlic, chicken broth, and cider vinegar.
- Next, brown your seasoned chicken breasts then remove to a baking dish.
- Then make the sauce by deglazing the pan with chicken broth to get up all the flavorful brown bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Add the maple syrup, thyme, and garlic and boil for a few minutes. Add the vinegar and mustard and let that cook for a few more minutes before returning the chicken to the pan. Flip the chicken so that both sides are coated with sauce.
- Return the chicken to the baking dish and let the sauce cook and thicken for a few more minutes, then pour over the chicken.
- Bake as directed.
More Boneless Chicken Breast Recipes You’ll Love:
- Crockpot BBQ Chicken from Family Fresh Meals
- Chicken and Bell Pepper Chili
- Chicken Broccoli Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
- Shredded Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Honey Glazed Chicken Kabobs
- Chicken Bulgoge
- More of the Best Chicken Recipes
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (may use bone-in chicken breasts, too)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- Preheat oven to 400º. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan, and sauté on both sides till nicely browned. Remove chicken from pan. Add broth, maple syrup, thyme and garlic. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently for a couple minutes. Add vinegar and mustard and cook for another minute. Return chicken to pan and flip to coat with sauce.
- Place chicken in baking dish, pour any sauce over chicken, and bake for 30 minutes or till chicken is cooked through.
Adapted from Cooking Light via The Mom Chef
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 324Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 219mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 0gSugar: 17gProtein: 38g