The Mom Chef: Taking on Magazines One Recipe at a Time is one of my favorite blogs. Christiane tests out recipes from current magazines and gives us the unvarnished truth about the results. Cooking Light is one of the few cooking magazines I don’t subscribe to, but after trying a few recipes that Christiane has shared, that may soon change. The sweetness from the maple syrup combined with the acidity of cider vinegar make this an irresistible dish…and will stay on our meal rotation.
The original recipe calls for boneless/skinless chicken, but I used the more flavorful bone in breasts. If you are watching calories, use the boneless breasts…and you can also reduce the sauce by half. Thanks, Mom Chef, for the delicious inspiration.
Maple Mustard Glazed Chicken~
Adapted from Cooking Light via The Mom Chef
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 bone in/skin on chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- Preheat oven to 400º. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan, and sauté on both sides till nicely browned. Remove chicken from pan. Add broth, maple syrup, thyme and garlic. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently for a couple minutes. Add vinegar and mustard and cook for another minute. Return chicken to pan and flip to coat with sauce.
- Place chicken in baking dish, pour any sauce over chicken, and bake for 30 minutes or till chicken is cooked through.
Yield: 6 servings
Total time: 45 minutes
This recipe was shared on The Pink Whisk Challenge
. Recipes are being collected to form an e-book with proceeds going to Save the Children. Please check it out to support a fabulous cause…we need to rid our world of starving children.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links; view my Disclosure Policy
for details. I earn a small percentage from any purchase you make by clicking on these links at no extra cost to you.