An easy way to add a special touch to your chocolate desserts.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 1 min
- Total Time: 6 minutes
- Yield: 12 (Enough for one large dessert) 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Melting
- Cuisine: American
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped (I recommend a 4 ounce Ghirardelli bar instead of chocolate chips)
- Gently melt the chocolate in the microwave, stopping and stirring at 20 second intervals.
- Place a 16-inch sheet of waxed paper on a flat surface. With a small off-set spatula, spread the melted chocolate evenly over the waxed paper, leaving the edges free of chocolate. Top with a second sheet of waxed paper and very gently smooth the top.
- Roll from short side to short side and carefully place the roll on a baking sheet. Chill for 2 hours.
- To make shards, hold onto the short end of the roll and unroll with your other hand. The chocolate should break into pieces. Remove the top sheet of waxed paper and carefully (as so not to melt chocolate) move shards to the top of the dessert or to a container. Keep cool if not using immediately.
Total time does not include 2 hour chilling time.