Levain Bakery Chocolate Chip Cookies
A copycat chocolate chip cookie recipe from the Levain Bakery, adapted from Lisa of Parsley, Sage and Sweet
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 12 large cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup cold butter, cut into cubes
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (or discs)
- 2 cups chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line two cookie sheets with parchment.
- In a large bowl, cream the cold butter and sugars with an electric mixer (if using a stand mixer, use the paddle attachment). Add the eggs, one at a time and mix till combined. Add vanilla paste or extract, then the dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips
- Divide the dough into 12 equal parts. Roll into balls and freeze for 10 minutes. Place 6 dough balls on each cookie sheet and bake about 20- 25 minutes, until the edges are golden. Cool about 5 minutes, then remove to cooling rack.
Total time does not include freezing time.