These Easy Lemon Squares start with a sweet, buttery crust and are crowned with a dreamy citrus topping! They’re absolutely addictive.
If you love Lemon Desserts, these bars will have you swooning!
This month’s Secret Recipe Club led me to Creative Kitchen, a marvelous blog written by Denise, a self-taught cook from Florida. I zeroed in on her delicious looking desserts immediately but decided on Denise’s simple Lemon Squares, one of her favorite holiday cookies. Well, let me tell you, these went over VERY well…even the picky daughter loved them. They are seriously my new favorite lemon bar…the crust is so tender and buttery and the topping has a nice citrus punch without being too tart. I thought I might miss the addition of lemon zest, but nope, these are perfect just the way they are. Thanks so much, Denise, I will be making Lemon Squares again and again!!! I hope you will pop over and check out her wonderful blog.
Besides, Denise, I must thank Debbi, our Group C leader. She tirelessly keeps track of us all and our posts…along with managing her own blog, Debbi Does Dinner Healthy. The Secret Recipe Club would not be successful without Debbi and all the volunteers who keep the group running smoothly. For them, I am truly grateful!
More Lemon Dessert Recipes:
- Best Lemon Bars is a thicker version that’s also irresistible
- Lemon Cake Recipe
- Lemon Pavlova
- Best Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe
- Lemon Madeleine Trifles
- More of the Best Dessert Recipes
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350º. Mix flour and powdered sugar. Add melted butter to flour and sugar. Press into an 8 x 8 pan lined with non-stick foil (or line with regular foil and spray with non-stick spray). Bake for 15 minutes or till lightly golden.
- Beat eggs, sugar, flour and lemon juice. Pour over baked crust. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool and sprinkle with more powdered sugar. When completely cool, use foil to remove bars from pan and cut into small squares and serve.
Serving Size:1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 98Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 12mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g