Lemon Cream Dessert
This marvelous Lemon Cream Dessert or mousse is sweet with irresistible, unmistakable tart undertones from lemon peel and zest.
Perfect for a light dessert, this luscious Lemon Mousse Recipe is the perfect balance of sweet and tart!
Lemon Cream Dessert
I zeroed in on the Lemon Cream dessert when I was paired with my friend Gloria for the Secret Recipe Club this month. This sweet friend, Gloria, from Canela Kitchen, is from Chile and has twins about the same age as my youngest, plus she loves to bake and make desserts! We have so much in common, and she is as nice as can be.
The hardest part was picking out just one dish to try. Her Chocolate Hazelnut Buche de Noel was a top contender, but I had caramel brownies in the fridge, chocolate cookies in the freezer, and “The Best Ever Brownies” on the kitchen counter. Talk about chocolate overload! So instead, I selected Gloria’s gorgeous lemon mousse.
I knew Bill would love this! I have made plenty of chocolate mousses, but never lemon. I knew I had found the perfect choice. Next time I’ll need to make a double batch. This mousse, AKA lemon cream dessert, disappeared way too fast!
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon of finely grated lemon peel
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 3 egg whites
- 1 lemon, cut lengthwise into paper-thin slices, optional garnish
- In a heat-proof measuring cup, sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup cold water. Soften for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Set cup in a skillet of simmering water to dissolve. Remove from heat but leave in skillet.
- Beat yolks with 1/2 cup sugar until thick enough to form a ribbon when the mixer is lifted from the mixture.
- Stir dissolved gelatin, lemon juice, and lemon peel.
- Whip cream in a large chilled bowl until it holds its shape. With a rubber spatula fold into the egg-lemon mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until frothy.Sprinkle 3 tablespoon of sugar and beat until stiff.
- Fold egg whites into lemon mixture till no white can be seen. Spoon lemon cream into dishes or glasses.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Garnish with lemon slices or whipped cream.
Total time does not include chilling time.
Serving Size:1 ramekin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 204Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 137mgSodium: 45mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 5g
Thatskinnychickcanbake.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although thatskinnychickcanbake.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased can change the nutritional information in any given recipe. Also, many recipes on thatskinnychickcanbake.com recommend toppings, which may or may not be listed as optional and nutritional information for these added toppings is not listed. Other factors may change the nutritional information such as when the salt amount is listed “to taste,” it is not calculated into the recipe as the amount will vary. Also, different online calculators can provide different results. To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in any given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information obtained is accurate.