Layered Ice Cream Pie with Chocolate Cookie Crust
An easy No-Bake Ice Cream Pie.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert, pie
- Method: Freezing
- Cuisine: American
- 1 9-ounce package of chocolate wafer cookies (or 22 chocolate sandwich cookies), processed or crushed into fine crumbs
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar (omit if using sandwich cookies)
- 3 pints of ice cream (I used vanilla bean, cookies and cream and double chocolate chip), you will not need all the ice ice cream.
- Mix cookie crumbs, melted butter, and sugar (if using) in a medium bowl. Pat into a greased, 9-inch pie plate. Freeze.
- Set out your first ice cream selection to soften while crust freezes.
- Eyeball the depth of your crust as you’ll want to fill the bottom third with your first ice cream. I chose a light colored ice cream to contrast with the dark crust. Place most of the first selection into the bottom crust coming up 1/3 of the way up the pie. Smooth with an offset spatula and freeze until solid. Repeat with slightly less of the second ice cream (I used the chocolate for contrast), and repeat by freezing. Then finish with enough of the third ice cream to fill the crust. Freeze until solid before serving.
Please note there are extended freezing times between layering the ice cream flavors. It’s best to make this pie the day before you serve it to allow for all the layers to freeze properly.