Cooked to medium rare on the BBQ, this Korean Grilled Flank Steak, with an Asian marinade, will immediately become a family favorite! Terrific flavors from the Asian ingredients permeate the meat and made it absolutely irresistible.
Korean Grilled Flank Steak
Our grill gets a major work out in the summer. Burgers, chicken, chops…anything is fair game. Flank steak is a family favorite, but it must be marinated. I spied this recipe for Korean Grilled Flank Steak in the Sunday paper when visiting my mother-in-law. Such a marvelous punch of flavor with the fresh grated ginger, soy and sriracha. You can tone down or amp up the spiciness by adjusting the hot sauce amount. Either way, it’s a perfect entree for your summer BBQ.
Marinated Grilled Flank Steak
Flank steak comes from the abdominal muscles of the cow and is quite lean…and therefore can be very chewy if not prepared correctly. Marinating and cutting thin slices across the grain allow for this flavorful cut to be quite tender and tasty. We all loved this entree…and nary a word about the heat from the Asian chile-laced condiment.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 bunch green onions (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sriracha chili paste
- 1 flank steak, 2 pounds
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine all marinade ingredients, and mix well. Pour into a large ziploc bag and add flank steak. Seal and marinate at least 2 hours and up to overnight. Store in refrigerator.
- Prepare grill. Remove steak from marinade and pat dry. Sprinkle with black pepper to taste. Grill to desired doneness (medium rare preferred), about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Let meat rest about 10 minutes before slicing across the grain to serve.
Adapted from Amerianprofile.com. Total time does not reflect marinating time.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 112 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 17mg Sodium: 2039mg Carbohydrates: 7g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 9g