Kahlua Caramel Baked Brie
I take any opportunity to make a baked brie, whether a microwave or pastry-wrapped version, I adore them all. This ultra decadent Kahlua Caramel Baked Brie is super simple with only 4 ingredients! It’s perfect for entertaining.
This Brie Cheese Recipe can be put together in minutes and will get rave reviews! And you won’t break a sweat.
Why You Must Make
- The already soft double creme cheese is warm and gooey., and this one is topped with caramel and pecans!
- The simple topping of brown sugar, Kahlua, and pecans is phenomenal.
- This Brie appetizer is warmed in the microwave so it’s ready to serve in less than 2 minutes!!
How easy is that?? I have a few tips below to help make this the simplest, yet one of the most delicious appetizers you’ll ever encounter!
It took me a couple of trial runs to get this microwave-baked Brie perfect. My book club suffered through the one I left in a warming drawer until it was basically a puddle in the bottom of the baking dish. Oops. It was still darn tasty! Here are a few tips for a successful recipe.
- PRO-Tip: Make sure to purchase a round of Brie in a wooden container. This makes it easy to microwave. Mine was about 12 ounces in weight.
- Next, remove the cheese from the wooden box and remove the wrapper. Reserve the bottom of the container. Remove a thin slice from the top of the Brie.
- With some butcher’s twine, tie the “box” around the perimeter so it won’t come apart while cooking. Yup, had that happen with round one. Then place the unwrapped Brie, cut side up, back into the container.
- Make the topping for this Kahlua caramel-baked Brie. Once the sugar dissolves, cool it long enough so the mixture thickens a bit. If it’s too runny it will just roll off the cheese. If it happens to get too thick, just put it back on the burner and stir for a few seconds or add a tiny bit of Kahlua to thin it.
- I did not roast my pecans since they were heated in the caramel sauce but feel free to add that step if you’d like. Mix the pecans in with the caramel sauce and top the Brie. Place the cheese in a microwave-safe dish to cook.
- All microwaves differ in strength, so start with one minute at full power, then add 15-30 more seconds if needed and even another 30 seconds if necessary. The goal is a softened Brie without having it so melted that it oozes right off your cracker!
- You can also gently reheat it if needed throughout your party.
Frequently Asked Questions
Brie is a buttery-soft French cheese with an edible, downy-textured rind.
Besides microwaving for 15-second intervals until warmed, you can also put your Brie in a 325° oven in an oven-safe dish until it’s gooey.
Offer crackers, toasts, and/or sliced fruit like apples and pears to eat with your Brie. Champagne goes beautifully with Brie, along with a fruity Pinot Noir or a dry white wine like Sauvignon Blanc.
You May Also Like
So if you’re looking for a last-minute appetizer, pick up some Brie, Kahlua, and pecans. If you have brown sugar in the house, you’re set to make this Microwave Baked Brie! What’s your go-to easy appetizer?
- Try your hand at a simple Cheese Board
- Cranberry Brie en Croute is fun for the holidays
- Apple Topped Baked Brie en Croute is delicious, too!
- This Smoked Salmon Platter is terrific for brunch or breakfast guests.
- I’ve also had my eye on this Easy Salami Appetizer from Recipe Girl
- And these Antipasto Skewers from From Valerie’s Kitchen
- Plus, don’t miss all my Best Appetizers Recipes
Kahlua Caramel Baked Brie
Easy Baked Brie with pecans and caramel sauce cooked in a microwave!
- 12 ounces Brie, a round Brie in a wooden box (the exact size can vary by an ounce or two)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Kahlua (coffee liqueur)
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- Unwrap the Brie and slice the rind off the top. Place in the bottom of the wooden container and tie a piece of butcher's twine around the box to secure it. Set aside.
- Heat the brown sugar and Kahlua in a small saucepan, stirring and simmering until the sugar is dissolved. Mix in the pecans and let cool until the mixture thickens, but is still pourable.
- Place the Brie in a small ovenproof/microwave safe container. Top with the caramel sauce and pecans.
- Place the Brie in the microwave and set to cook 2 minutes, watching carefully and pulling out when cheese puffs slightly. Mine took about 1 1/2 minutes, but timing will vary. Brie should be soft, but not liquid.
- Serve warm with crackers.
Inspired by Noble Pig Blog
The Kahlua provides depth of flavor to the caramel topping. Most of the alcohol will evaporate as it cooks.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 165Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 195mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 7g
21 Comments on “Kahlua Caramel Baked Brie”
You always have so many sweets on your blog, but I’’m glad I looked! A baked brie is something I’ll never ignore. Love this recipe!
I love how quickly this comes together. I might have to try this right away–rather than waiting for a party!
Pretty to look at and even better to eat. I’ve only used Brie once in baking and I loved it. Looking forward to this one. Best microwave dessert ever!
Say what? Kahlua and brie? I’ve heard it’s pretty common to combine brie with fruit liquors (I can imagine cranberry or orange flavours would be perfect), but I would never have thought of using the coffee liquor. This is such unique idea!
I did something similar for a Christmas party a few years ago. It was a big hit! I probably use less sugar than you, however. Just because I prefer less sweet with Brie. In restaurants when brie topped with honey is offered, I just can’t get it, no matter how much I LOVE baked brie like you!
You had me at kahlua, what a perfect holiday appetizer!
This is so wonderful for the holidays! Kahlua and brie together sounds like a dream come true Liz! Pinning!!
Caramel pecans are the best, but Kahlua caramel pecans on baked brie. I would have to make two of these so I would have enough to share. Hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving Liz!
Baked brie is amazing, but baked brie with Kahlua is simply genius! Love this idea.
Ooh, Liz, yes please. This looks devine.
I never thought to bake a brie in the microwave, this is an excellent tip particularly when the ovens are filled with other goodies.
My wife made this the other day and it was amazing. Thanks for the recipe.
Wow, this sounds insanely good Liz! I’m having a kahlua and cream bevvie right now, but I’d rather have some of this brie!
I can never say no to baked brie, and I can definitely never say no to caramel! This looks divine, Liz!
GREAT flavor! My new favorite baked brie recipe!
I can’t believe how well this turned out in the microwave!
You’ve got me Kahlua! Oh my! How gorgeous it this!
Who wouldn’t love this? It’s beautiful and looks amazingly delicious! What a great holiday treat!
Kahlua is definitely one of my favourite liqueurs, & you definitely pulled this off, Liz! xoxo
wow Liz, this is out of this world yummy and tempting! Someone has to take this one away from me or I would darn finish the whole portion!