Jacques Torres’ Secret Chocolate Chip Cookies
Jacques Torres Secret Chocolate Chip Cookies made famous via the NYT
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 36 large cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Method: Mixing, Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound butter
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups plus 2 tablespoons cake flour
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons salt (1 tablespoon if using unsalted butter)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 pounds 60-percent chocolate semisweet or bittersweet chocolate disks, feves or morsels
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Reduce speed to low and add both the cake flour and bread flour, baking powder, baking soda and vanilla; mix until well combined. Fold in [easyazon_link identifier="B00UZLMQI8" locale="US" tag="thskchcaba-20"]chocolate[/easyazon_link], making sure to distribute well.
- Cover and refrigerate dough overnight or up to 72 hours.
- Before baking, bring dough out of the refrigerator for about an hour.Preheat oven to 350º. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a 4-ounce scoop for larger cookies or a 1-ounce scoop for smaller cookies, scoop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake until lightly browned, but still soft,18-20 minutes for larger cookies and 12-15 minutes for smaller cookies. Cool slightly on baking sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Yields 26-36 larger cookies or 100 smaller cookies. (Or if you’re my sister Katie, it will yield 300 cookies and take you all night to bake!!)