Italian Rice Pilaf with Toasted Almonds
An easy rice pilaf that’s perfect to round out nearly any meal!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Cuisine: Side Dish
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup rice (I use long grain)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions, plus more to garnish if desired
- 2 2/3 cups chicken broth (use vegetable broth for a vegetarian dish)
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 2 quart baking dish. Set aside.
- Met butter in a large skillet. Stir in rice, mushrooms, bell pepper, Italian seasoning and green onions. Stir and cook until the mushrooms are tender.
- Pour rice mixture into baking dish. Stir in broth and almonds.Cover tightly with foil and bake for 1 hour. Check to see if rice is cooked and broth is absorbed. Cook longer if needed.
- Calories: 349kcal
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 177mg
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 41mg