Italian Poutine Pie
A twist on the classic poutine using hash browns, marinara, and mozzarella
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Italian
- 3 cups shredded Idaho® potatoes, squeezed dry of any liquid
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- Meatballs, homemade or store bought (enough to cover bottom of pie plate)*
- 8 ounces marinara sauce, homemade or store bought
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, shredded
- Parmesan cheese, to sprinkle over top, optional
- Spray a 9-inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450º.
- Mix shredded potatoes with melted butter and seasonings, then press into pie plate. Bake for 20-25 minutes or till lightly browned and crispy. Reduce oven temperature to 350º.
- After crust cools slightly, spread sour cream onto bottom of crust. Follow with meatballs, then marinara and finally the mozzarella. Sprinkle with Parmesan if desired.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or till cheese is melted and filling is hot.
- Cool for a few minutes before slicing.
I made homemade meatballs using 1 pound of ground beef
To squeeze potatoes dry, place shredded potatoes into the center of a thin dishcloth, roll up to enclose potatoes, then twist tightly.