Irish Chocolate Mousse Cake
A crown of ladyfingers filled with luscious chocolate mousse flavored with Irish cream
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert, No-Bake
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American, Irish-American
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 packages soft ladyfingers (you will not need them all)
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 eggs (pasteurized preferred
- 2+ tablespoons Irish cream
- Sweetened whipped cream, to garnish, optional
- Melt chocolate in microwave safe bowl, stopping to stir at 30 second intervals till smooth and melted. Set aside and let cool while preparing crust and mousse.
- Separate ladyfingers and use to line bottom and sides of 8-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat butter till light. Slowly add sugar and beat till fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating each till fully incorporated. Mix in Irish cream.
- Mix in cooled chocolate.
- Pour filling into ladyfinger lined pan and smooth top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, whip cream and garnish as desired or serve slices with a dollop of whipped cream.
Total time does not include the 2+ hours chilling time.