Using store-bought madeleines makes whipping up these tasty Individual Lemon Madeleine Trifles a breeze! With lemon curd topped with a creamy, cream cheese-based lemon mousse, this simple lemon dessert is a winner!
Individual Lemon Madeleine Trifles
My hubby is always teasingly asking when this little blog of mine is going to start raking in the big bucks. Well, I haven’t hit that jackpot yet, but I’ve gotten a few perks like a complimentary box of Donsuemor Madeleines. All I needed to do was create a recipe from the flavors I selected. These tender cakes are fabulous as a snack or they can be incorporated into a lovely dessert like these trifles. My delicious package contained both Lemon Zest and Chocolate Madeleines, the first being the inspiration for this lemon dessert!
Oh, boy, were these little numbers tasty! The intense shot of citrus curd at the bottom balanced the fluffy, slightly lemony cream cheese filling. When I’ve made madeleines at home, they were dried out by the end of the day, but Donsuemor’s remained moist and flavorful. This is a dessert I’ll make again and again. Even picky Bill raved about these Individual Lemon Madeleine Trifles. and this was seriously one of my favorite desserts of the summer.
- Zest from 1 1/2 lemons
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter, at room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup lemon juice.
- 4 ounce cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 12 Donsuemor Lemon Zest Madeleines (ladyfingers could be substituted in a pinch)
To make the lemon curd:
- Whiz together zest and sugar in a food processor till zest is fine and incorporated well.
- Cream lemon sugar and butter with mixer. Add eggs, one at a time, followed by the lemon juice. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan and cook over low heat till thickened, stirring constantly. This should take about 10 minutes. Cool, cover and refrigerate.
To make lemon cream:
- With a mixer, combine cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice. When well mixed, fold in whipped cream. Refrigerate till needed.
- Whip cream and sugar till soft peaks form. Refrigerate till needed.
- Divide lemon curd between 4 one-cup glass bowls. Insert 3 madeleines around the perimeter with scalloped sides facing outward. Divide filling between dishes and smooth top to edges. Top with whipping cream and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0g