Individual Berry Crisps and Overdue Thank Yous
A delicious mix of berries topped with a brown sugar crisp
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 4 cups mixed berries (I used fresh blueberries, fresh raspberries, and fresh blackberries)
- 1/4 cup sugar (or more if berries are not sweet)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Gently mix berries with sugar and cornstarch. Divide between 4 8-ounce ramekins.
- Make topping by combining flour, brown sugar, and butter. With fingers, press, break apart and work in butter until topping resembles cornmeal. Sprinkle evenly over the four ramekins.
- Place ramekins on baking sheet and bake for 35-45 minutes, until the filling bubbles and the topping is browned. Cool slightly, then serve with vanilla ice cream.