Iceberg Wedge with Blue Cheese Dressing
An easy, restaurant style salad adapted from Martha Stewart
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
- Category: Side Dish, Salad
- Cuisine: American
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1–2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, I like Maytag
- Iceberg lettuce, cut into wedges, outer leaves and core removed
- 1/2 cup grape or teardrop tomatoes
- 2–3 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- Whisk together buttermilk, mayonnaise, shallots, chives, lemon juice, salt, pepper and celery salt. Stir in blue cheese, cover, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Taste for seasonings and whisk in a little more mayo if desired.
- Plate one wedge of lettuce per person. Drizzle with dressing and garnish with tomatoes and bacon.