Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
These Homemade Ice Cream Recipes will inspire you with loads of dreamy ideas to help you beat the heat! Ice cream is always a perfect way to cool down at the end of a sultry day. This Ice Cream Recipe Round-Up with Pro-Tips will inspire you with loads of dreamy recipes.
Is your ice cream maker gathering dust in a closet somewhere? It’s time to break it out before fall and winter temps arrive! I’m sharing some of the Best Ice Cream Recipes from the blog plus some winners from blogger friends to get the wheels turning!
Why You’ll Love Homemade Ice Cream
- You have complete control over the ingredients!
- Your ice cream will have no preservatives.
- Once you get the hang of making your own ice cream, you can create your own flavors!
Our Best Ice Cream Recipes:
Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
More Rich and Creamy Ice Cream Recipes that are perfect for a Summer Indulgence!
Fudge Topped Marshmallow Ice Cream
Marshmallows along with heavy cream and half and half make for a super creamy frozen treat.
Cookie Dough Ice Cream
A smooth and luscious brown sugar ice cream filled with bits of cookie dough, this Cookie Dough Ice Cream is always a huge hit!
Homemade Oreo Ice Cream
If your family loves Oreos as much as mine does, they'll make this Oreo ice cream disappear in no time!
The Best Coffee Ice Cream
This Coffee Ice Cream recipe is the perfect summer treat for coffee lovers! Rich and luscious, everyone will want seconds!
Vanilla Caramel Swirl Ice Cream
Swirling caramel sauce into homemade vanilla ice cream pushes it way over the tip!! Incredibly delicious!!
Fudge Topped Chocolate Ice Cream Pie
An Easy No-Bake Ice Cream Pie Recipe that is a delicious treat on a hot day!
- Use quality ingredients for the best results. Real vanilla extract, heavy cream, good chocolate, etc. will make your ice cream taste better.
- Allow enough time. Your custard will need to be refrigerated overnight before churning.
- If using an electric churn, make sure the bowl is frozen overnight if that’s what your model recommends.
- PRO-Tip: Add your flavorings, like vanilla, to the custard at the end so the flavor is more pronounced.
- PRO-Tip: Adding 2-3 tablespoons of alcohol to your custard keeps your ice cream creamier. Use a liquor or liqueur that pairs well with your ice cream flavor. It does this by lowering the freezing point. It won’t freeze as solid and is less likely to develop ice crystals.
- If you want to scoop your ice cream, it will perform better if frozen overnight. Freshly churned ice cream is often more like soft-serve ice cream.
- Add any mix-ins like chocolate, caramel, or chopped cookies, after the ice cream is frozen. And make sure they are in bite-sized pieces.
- PRO-Tip: If you don’t have an ice cream maker, No-Churn Ice Cream is made with sweetened condensed milk and doesn’t require one!
- PRO-Tip: Freeze with some plastic wrap pressed against the surface of the ice cream to minimize the chance of freezer burn (which can alter the texture and flavor) and ice crystals forming on the surface.
Ice Cream Recipes from Other Blogs:
If my hubby would have his way, it would be chocolate ice cream, double chocolate ice cream, and chocolate milkshakes. Thank goodness for our children who are a wee bit more adventuresome. But since even my offspring have their limits, I decided to reach out to some fellow bloggers and share some of their creations.
As the heat of summer approaches, I hope you’ll find some delicious inspiration from this roundup of the best ice cream recipes from some of my favorite bloggers.
More Ice Cream Recipes
More delicious ice cream recipes from my blogger friends
Salted Caramel Ice Cream
Rich and creamy and full of flavor, just what you want in a Salted Caramel Ice Cream!
Roasted Blueberry Creme Fraiche Ice Cream
This crème fraîche ice cream is bursting with sweet flavor from roasted blueberries, as well as a unique tartness and extra creamy texture.
Pink Lemonade Ice Cream Pie
Incredibly easy to make and perfect for parties. If you like Pink this pie is for YOU!
Blackberry Swirl Ice Cream
Creamy vanilla ice cream with swirls of fresh blackberry puree makes a perfect summer indulgence!
Frequently Asked Questions
Milk, Cream, Sugar, and Flavorings. Though I’d also include eggs as they’re vital when making custard ice creams.
Whole Milk and 2% Milk work well. Low-fat milk like 1% and Skim Milk won’t provide enough fat and richness, so they’re not recommended.
The FDA requires plain ice cream to have at least 10% milk fat to be labeled as ice cream. Ice cream with added chocolate, nuts, fruit, etc. must have at least 8% milk fat.
French Ice Cream and Custard Ice Cream have a cooked egg custard base. No-Churn Ice Cream is made with sweetened condensed milk that provides a creamy texture utilizing freezing alone. Ice Milk is made without cream and is lighter, and less creamy plus it’s lower in calories.
There are old-fashioned hand-churned ice cream makers as well as those with motorized churns. Both may require salt and ice. Newer versions have a removable bowl kept in the freezer and placed in the electric ice cream maker along with a paddle to freeze and churn.
For traditional ice cream, you need to make a custard and chill it overnight. Then place it in your ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
At this point, the ice cream will be soft and delicious. If you want to make nice scoops to top ice cream cones, the ice cream will need to be frozen until firm, which can take 8-12 hours.
You May Also Like:
- Chocolate Velvet Ice Cream
- Cheesecake Ice Cream with Strawberry Sauce
- Biscoff Ice Cream from Dinner Dishes & Desserts
- Peanut Butter Oreo Ice Cream from Nutmeg Nanny
- Berry Coconut Frozen Yogurt from Well Plated
- Pumpkin Toffee Ice Cream from Taste and Tell
- Caramel Iced Coffee Ice Cream from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
- Dark Chocolate Chip Orange Olive Oil Ice Cream from Eat the Love
- Lemon Buttermilk Ice Cream from Lemons for Lulu
- Caramel Snickers Ice Cream from Inside BruCrew Life
- No Churn Chocolate Ice Cream with Salty Candied Peanuts from Keep It Sweet Desserts
- Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker (all affiliate links)
- Old Fashioned Electric Bucket Style Ice Cream Maker
- Good Cook Smart Ice Cream Scoop
- GIR Silicone Spatula
- The Perfect Scoop Cookbook by David Lebovitz
59 Comments on “Homemade Ice Cream Recipes”
A fabulous summer lineup of ice creams. I want to make them all. That pink lemonade ice cream pie looks quite interesting and scrumptious.
Thanks for this amazing list!! They are all so good!
Just wanted to tell everyone how fabulous this box is! It was such a treat to win it and full of fun things! 🙂
I like to make sweet potato bread and muffins.
I love making chocolate pie
I make a super awesome vegan chocolate brownie that I love to make because it means even my allergic kid can enjoy dessert with the rest of the family.
Sugar Cookies for my kids. I will have to try you ice cream recipes though — I think they would love them.
Any kind of cobbler. I do not know why but cobblers just make me relax and feel happy.
I like to bake blueberry-banana bread and chocolate chip cookies.
I love Magic Custard Cakes. So simple and so delicious
What a fun round up, Lizzy! My favorite thing to bake are muffins 🙂
Great round-up of ice-cream, Liz! Good luck to all participants!
My coworkers are constantly asking me to bring in cupcakes, well, pretty much anything sweet, but I love to make cupcakes. One of my favourites, is the berry muffin with a crumb topping. Maybe that’s why I think that roasted blueberry creme fraiche ice cream looks so good.
Chocolate cake is definitely one of my favorite things to bake because it’s easy and everyone loves the treat!…P.s. Those ice cream photos are Pinterest paradise!
I love making smoothies and ice creams and these look delicious
Oh my goodness can I please have a scoop or slice of each please…. It is still plenty hot here in HK.
What a great round up! I need ice cream now!
Summer’s last hurrah! All look awesome!