Honey Garlic Chicken Sliders
An easy recipe for Honey Garlic Chicken Sliders served with a simple cabbage slaw. Recipe reprinted courtesy of Kelly Kwok and Page Street Publishing Co.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 5 hours
- Total Time: 5 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner, Snack
- Method: Slow Cooking
- Cuisine: Asian
- 1 1/2 pounds (683 g) skinless, bone-in chicken thighs or chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup (59 ml) low sodium soy sauce (I used regular)
- 3 tablespoons (48 g) hoisin sauce (I used oyster sauce)
- 3 tablespoons (48 g) Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) balsamic glaze
- 2 tablespoons (42 g) honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup (50 g) shredded Napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup (50 g) shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup (15 g) thinly shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup (15 g) thinly sliced red bell pepper (my addition)
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Slider buns
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Sriracha (optional)
- Sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Place the chicken directly into the bottom of the slow cooker. Combine the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, chili sauce, balsamic glaze,honey, garlic and onion, and pour evenly over the chicken. Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and shred into thin strips with two forks. (I mixed some of the sauce with the shredded chicken to help keep it moist).
- While the chicken is cooking, combine the Napa cabbage, red cabbage, carrots, red bell pepper (if using), rice vinegar and sugar in a large bowl. Cover and store in the fridge until ready to use.
- Divide the shredded chicken evenly among the slider buns. Layer with some slaw, cilantro and add a drizzle of Sriracha and sesame seeds, if desired.