Hasselback Potato Casserole
A twist on the Hasselback potato made in a casserole for a crowd.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American, Scandinavian-American
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold (or similar potato), peeled and sliced very thinly (you may need more or less depending on your dish size)
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced very thinly
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- Pre-heat the oven to 400º.
- Grease a standard loaf pan with olive oil and set aside.
- In one bowl, toss the sliced potatoes with enough olive oil to lightly coat. Do the same in a separate bowl with the onions. Season the potatoes generously with salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Arrange the potatoes in the prepared dish, adding enough so they stand upright. Insert onion slices between some of the potato slices. Sprinkle with a little more salt.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 1 hour. Uncover and bake another 15 minutes or more until potatoes are tender.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Season liberally as potatoes will be bland without salt.