Grilled Tenderloin with Garlic Herb Butter
A company worthy grilled steak recipe!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Entree, Beef
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: American
- 4 6-8 ounce beef tenderloin steaks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup (one stick) butter
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 slices good quality bacon
- ¼ cup oregano, chopped
- ¼ cup basil, chopped
- 1½ teaspoons Cognac, optional
- A few hours before grilling, sprinkle steaks with kosher salt and return to refrigerator. Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add the garlic, then remove from heat. Set aside for a couple hours.
- A half hour before grilling, remove steaks from the refrigerator, re-season with salt and add a bit of freshly ground pepper to taste. Grill to desired internal temperature, about 4 minutes per side for medium rare. Rewarm the garlic butter, and add Cognac if desired.
- Plate steaks. Drizzle with garlic butter, then sprinkle with herbs.
Cooking time varies depending on how thick and how well done you like your beef cooked